Apollo's comprehensive liver transplant care programme aims to provide effective health care by connecting to people dealing with liver disease. A successful liver transplant, ably supplemented by Apollo's care and commitment affords a fresh lease of life and puts the smile back on your face as you return to normalcy.
- Apollo hospitals has the fastest growing Liver Transplant program in India with the biggest cadaver program for liver.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi successfully completed 200 Liver Transplant cases of Pakistani patients, in November 2011. With a success rate of over 90%, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals has created a milestone in the history of medicine by becoming the first hospital in the country to reach the 200 mark for patients from a single foreign country.
- Over 500 Liver Transplants performed with a success rate of 90%.
- Apollo Hospitals performs 537 liver, kidney and heart transplants in 238 days making ours the second busiest transplant program in the world.
- In less than three years since inception, the team at the Apollo Centre for Liver Disease and Transplantation, Chennai completed over 100 Liver Transplantations in June 2011, marking a noteworthy first-of-its-kind milestone in the city of Chennai.
- The First successful pediatric and adult liver transplants in India were carried out at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi in 1998. Since then, there has been no looking back, and today we have one of the most successful liver transplant programmes in South Asia. Some of its landmark achievements are:
- First successful pediatric liver transplant-1998
- First successful cadaver liver transplant-1998
- First successful combined liver-kidney transplantation-1999
- First successful left live donor-liver transplant (pediatric) for FHF-1999
- First successful re-transplant-2002
- First pediatric cadaver transplant-2007
- Youngest liver transplant in India-2008
- Performed as many as 250 Liver and Kidney transplants in the year 2009.
- Has one of the country's busiest and rapidly growing Pediatric Liver transplant programmes.
- First of its kind Comprehensive Organ Transplant program commenced at Apollo Hospitals Chennai.
- Apollo Hospitals Ahmedabad and Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals Kolkata commence Liver Transplant programmes.
- The liver transplant team at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai completed 200 liver transplants. Apollo Chennai has also performed the highest number of deceased donor liver transplants in the country and is now the third largest centre in India.